Sunday, November 8, 2009

Try Windows 7....

The research firm NPD Group says, retail sales of boxed copies of Windows 7 are 234% higher than Vista's were at launch, absolutely crushing the older operating system’s launch sales figures (which, admittedly, the older operating system pretty much deserves).

Windows 7 launched on October 22, and unit sales of Windows PCs between October 18 and 24 were up 49% over the same period a year ago, and 95% over the preceding week. But it says far more about how great Windows 7 is, and how smart Microsoft's marketing was in the months leading up to launch day.

One important point to notice is --> Microsoft's strategy of offering free, pre-release versions of Windows 7 (90 days trail version) paid off, giving consumers plenty of time to learn that what is new in dis OS and more or less this trail version used to practice , finding best features with others OS s . I’ve personally had that build running on my laptop for months with no issues whatsoever.

But the Microsoft advertising strategy worked as well, concentrating on the features and strengths of the OS rather than whining about Apple. And compared to the insipid and pompously hip Apple “I’m a Mac” ads, their ad strategy has been a real relief (the recent Apple ads that attempt to blunt the positive responses to Windows 7 are particularly pathetic and irritating: weak an unimaginative, they ought to have their tag lines changed from “I’m a Mac” to “I’m a douche”).

And let me mention one thing before you claim I’m simply a Microsoft Kool-Aid drinker: For years....

But I made the switch to Windows 7 on my home office system in early October (yes, I was geeky enough to be selected to host a launch party , not only has it been a pleasure both functionally and aesthetically, it's robust as hell: not one single crash or issue of any kind since I installed it.

Finally, Microsoft has released an operating system that deserves to be called great. And people have apparently noticed....

Try this dis new version make your s/m work efficiency...

No comments: